Baseline SQLServer with SQLMonitor v1.3.0
December 23, 2022 | Baseline-SQL-Server, Performance Tuning, SQLMonitor | 1 Comment|
I have been using SQLMonitor extensively for monitoring & performance tuning of my SQLServers. To make it more and more useful, I have added more functionalities to the tool in version v1.3.0.
Below are some enhancements made in release v1.3.0 –
- Vertically partitioned table
dbo.resource_consumptioninto 2 tables keeping sql_text in a separate table.
- This helps in creating efficient XEvents Trend dashboards.
- Capture sp_BlitzIndex in mode 0,1,2,4.
- Added more parameters in the Install-SQLMonitor function to add more flexibility in install/upgrade.
OnlySteps– Specific Steps to be executed
PreQuery– TSQL Query to execute before Install-SQLMonitor steps
PostQuery– TSQL Query to execute after Install-SQLMonitor steps
FirstResponderKitZipFile– Zip file of FirstResponder Kit to use. Required as sometime Install-DbaFirstResponderKit does not install the latest available version.
- Some bug fixes in the deployment of SQLMonitor on the Central Server.
Some screenshots from new dashboards –
I hope this would help SQLServer professionals looking to baseline their SQLServers.